Before my batch of granola runs out (it's going fast!) I thought I would make up a tray of Granola Bars. As they are disappearing into my lovely husbands lunchbox I guess it's a case of take your breakfast to work! This is my version of a recipe by Jacqueline Bellefontaine in Cookies Galore
For my bars I use:
1/2 cup butter
6 tablespoons light brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
1 1/4 cups homemade granola (recipe)
1 cup of rolled oats
1/4 cup of golden sultanas.
1. Preheat the oven to 375F. Line a 8x8 square baking pan with parchment paper - this stuff sticks like mad otherwise!
2. Melt the butter, sugar and honey over a low heat until the sugar is melted.
3. Remove from the heat and stir in the granola and the rolled oats. Let the mix sit for about 10 mins so that the oats get start to absorb some of the melted mixture.
4. Press the mix into the prepared pan and put in the oven for 20-25 mins depending on how hot your oven gets. Bake until its a golden brown - it will smell delicious I promise!
5. Let it cool and firm up in the pan. Once cool cut into 9 squares and enjoy. It stores very well in an airtight container.
I couldn't resist sharing these decadent looking chocolate cookies as well today (trying not to think about how many chocolate-less days there are still to go....!)
image from the Brown Eyed Baker
These melt-in-your-mouth little beauties are Chocolate Truffle Cookies from The Brown Eyed Baker. Definitely will be book marking this recipe!
I'm linking this post up at Sew Darn Crafty!